Thursday, August 03, 2006

Koch's Pearls of
Political Wisdom

'If you agree with me on nine out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12, see a psychiatrist.'

--former New York Mayor Ed Koch, the man who was famous for asking voters "How am I doing?" said this during his 1989 mayoral campaign. The quote was revived recently by political columnist Joe Klein, who used it to open his new book, Politics Lost: How American Democracy Was Trivialized By People Who Think You're Stupid

3 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks more like Al Lewis than Mayor Koch....

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Yes, I thought that was an unusual photo of him, the most interesting one I could find. And my pop culture memory is rusty, Lou, but I think Al Lewis was Grandpa on the Munsters, no? If so, he died, while the Koch Express rolls on and on...

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Hey, please leave poor Hillary out of it. She's gotten enough abuse already. As for Monica, I can't be the only one who thought she was rather attractive, plumpness and all. But then maybe I have Raphaelite sensibilities. As for Ed dating a former Miss America, come on, Stevo, you're smarter than that bit of harmless p.r. stunt. Ed K. is as gay as they come....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home