Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Calls From DiNiro & DiMora

This dead-on complaint from permission-marketing guru Seth Godin about the phone spam during election season rang a bell with me. His problem is with the actor Robert DiNiro's taped message, while my beef is with Cuyahoga County Commissioner Jimmy "Goodfellas" DiMora . Besides the fact that I know him to be a corrupt fellow, I can now add to my list of grievances against him the fact that he's an obnoxious spammer, those unsavory types who presume to send unwanted mass messages to complete strangers. There wasn't a chance in hell that I would have voted for the slimy & misleading Issue 3 "learn and earn" before his call on its behalf. But now I'll probably do my best to convince a handful of friends to vote against it too.

4 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why vote for DiMora either? The three headed monster that is our County Commissioner should be fired - all of them. As tough as it is for me to pull the lever for a Republican, in this race I think I will.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Of course, they're accountable at each election cycle. Naturally, that's the time to hold them accountable. And by the way, I should have mentioned that in the obnoxious offending automated voicemail to which I refer, DiMora does mention that both his fellow county commissioners join him in supporting the issue.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Daniella - you are not alone in that thought.

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John- how often do you vote? Have you ever voted? do you even know how to vote?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home