Thursday, May 24, 2007

Our Favorite Quote of the Week

'One of the joys of being a business writer is that the world produces documents for us. Documents never give you lip and don’t complain if you hunt them up outside of normal business hours. And I’ve never known a document to call my boss and complain it was misquoted.'
--Former Newsweek business writer & editor Allan Sloan, a six-time winner of the Gerald Loeb award (the Pulitzers of business writing), who recently jumped to Fortune magazine. You can sample some of his Newsweek columns here.

And Our Favorite Book Title of the Week: Fat, Forty & Fired--One Man's Frank, Funny & Inspiring Account of Losing His Job and Finding His Life. Now, that's inspired writing. If the book is half as well written as the title, it's probably worth the price. You can learn more about the British author and his book here.

4 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My next book to read: "Armed Madhouse" by BBC reporter Greg Palast. He has been mostly avoided by our illustrious media in this country. He has apparently come up with the , but you'd never know it.

 
At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He has apparently come up with the 500 missing Rove emails, but you'd never know it.

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Documents never have to look you in the eye when they lie; cooked books are always smiling.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Interesting you should bring up Palast. Someone else recommended I read him some, and so I think I will. I hope you'll also report back to us what you thought about his stuff. I heard him in a radio interview not long ago, and it held my interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home