Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's More About the Journey Than the Destination

'The reason I write the book is not because I know what I want to say to the public. I write the book in order to figure out for myself what I think about the subject.'
--Criminologist and author James Q. Wilson, quoted in a recent L.A. Times profile. You can learn more about his classic book, The Moral Sense, here. This article, from 1982, explains why he's considered the father of community policing and developer of the "broken window" theory of civic disorder.

2 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Chris Brown said...

Great quote. I think that's why I blog, to try to figure out what I really think!
Thanks
Chris Brown
Branding & Marketing blog

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks so much for reading, and especially for commenting. I've been meaning to drop you a note to congratulate you both on your wonderful blog and the fact that I hear business has been booming for you, no doubt for all the right reasons. Hope to bump into you somewhere soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home