Saturday, August 18, 2007

Don't Forget the Feast In Little Italy Tonight

You have one more night--tonight--to enjoy the annual Feast of the Assumption in Cleveland's Little Italy neighborhood. For Clevelanders, it's the one chance each year to experience Manhattan-like human density without leaving home. We spent the entire night there last night, and the nice weather may have drawn the most people ever. You could barely walk in most places. But the food was great as always (I'd especially recommend the lemon ice from Corbo's and the gnocci from Gusto's), and the music even better. Last year, I wrote this about my dad's Italian band, which has been the featured musical attraction for the last several years. They're on hand again this year. Dad is the guy wearing the funny hat and playing the mandolin.

5 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be there around 5pm tonight with the fam.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Great, Lou. Hope to see you guys. But I don't think the band begins till closer to 7 p.m. Hope you get to stay a bit to see that.

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The homemade sausage sandwiches at Sophie's are on my list Feast Food Favorites...

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Hope that means you made it down there this year, Miles. Only wish I had bumped into you.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I was there alright. And the cavatelli and meatballs were pretty good, too...

I remembered that you told me that your dad plays in a band at the Feast. Unfortunately, the best my crew and I found were a duet singing Motown favorites...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home