Monday, April 28, 2008

A Couple of Events That May Interest You

I'll be taking part in a couple of writing-related events in coming days and weeks that I thought I should provide links to. Tomorrow, I'll be moderating a panel on the evolution of digital content (that's a fancy term for the words that appear on websites) at the Web Association. My friends Dan Hanson and Marc Majers will be among the panelists. The Web Association has become a wonderful learning environment and a great place to meet fellow webbies and to share ideas about better leveraging the medium. Next month, I'll be joining my scribbler buddy Claudia Taller, who's president of the group Skyline Writers, for an idyllic weekend retreat devoted to the writing craft. That should be an especially wonderful event, and she tells me there are still some slots open (attendance is being capped at 20, due to limitations on overnight accomodations). Hope to see some of you at one or the other.

5 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Just words on websites! I beg to differ with you sir ...

There are also Youtubes wherein pigs fly, surreal photos of frogs and toes, recipes
you'll never find in a cookbook, and miscellaneous examples of questionable self-promotion.


I guess that's more than enough media to leverage in one comment box. Good luck on the panel.

; )

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

You're right of course, Erin. After I wrote that I immediately was going to edit it, since the whole thrust of the panel is about how content now also means podcasts, videos and stuff on your cellphone screen. But occasionally I try to remember that part of my audience isn't so heavily into the web as others, and thus I try to translate, which often means oversimplifying when you do it to fast and without enough thought. But the saving grace is smart readers like you, setting the record straight via comments. So thanks for that.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

My, you seem to have sparked some serious interest, judging from all the comments, with that bit of self-promotion. How brave of you.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

I guess to really get results, I'll have to turn the chair around.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Yes, by all means, do consider that sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home