Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Our Favorite Book Titles, Part 11

Once more, we have a tie this month, folks. Here are a pair of books with the kinds of titles that would at least cause me to take a moment to study the book. The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted--And Other Small Acts of Liberation. Also, while I've always found Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz a hyper-irritating weasle, I do nevertheless like the title of his new book: Is There a Right to Remain Silent? Coercive Interrogation and the Fifth Amendment After 9/11. To review earlier favorite book titles, you can go here.

6 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger TJ Sullivan said...

I had to laugh at the title of the Dershowitz book. Interesting subject? Yes. But also ironic considering I've never thought Dershowitz capable of silence, let alone an authority on its practice. :)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Wow, that's an additional irony that hadn't even occurred to me. He's got to be the mouthiest, most annoying lawyer on the planet, which of course is no small feat. Listening to him for an hour would certainly test anyone's reverance for civil liberties. I, for one, would immediately move for him to be waterboarded rather than have to listen to his cloying, endless drone. But that's just me...

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha. Nicely said.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Well, okay. Maybe not waterboarding. Just forced to watch 20 hours of American Idol reruns.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger TJ Sullivan said...

American Idol reruns ... with the Paula Abdul commentary track playing over the program audio.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

That would work for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home