Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fast Company Magazine Takes Note
Of Some Bold New Ohio Architecture

Not long ago, I got a sneak preview of the new additions to the Cleveland Museum of Art, from a friend who works there. When the new east wing is formally unveiled next month, it ought to draw some oohs and ahs, though there will no doubt also be some traditionalists who don't like messing with the classic original building, now close to a century old. I suppose a big part of me is in sympathy with that latter sentiment. Still, we do like to see some big, bold architecture now and again. Fast Company seemed almost shocked that dowdy old Ohio could be home to so many interesting new architectural accomplishments. I especially like that new glass pavilion at the Toledo Museum of Art. Mental note to myself: make sure to visit Toledo sometime this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home