Friday, August 14, 2009

It's That Time of the Year Again, Part Two

This is the weekend of the Feast in Little Italy. I won't bore longtime readers with the story again, which I wrote about last year, and in even greater depth three years ago. Hope to see a few of you down there sometime between now and the end of the weekend. One nice additional element this year is the videos of the band, taken and posted on You Tube by my old pal Dan Hanson, a.k.a. the Great Lakes Geek, whom we've mentioned often over the years. These two videos alone (and there are others) received about 10,000 views between them since Dan first posted them last summer. Ah, the power of the web...

5 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Britta said...

Which musician is your dad?

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Donna said...

Dad must be the mandolin player. Even with his head down, that's going to be my guess.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Donna, you win the prize, a year's free subscription to this blog (can you believe your luck?) He is indeed the mandolin player. That's a baby guitar, folks.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

John, that is fantastic!
I didn't get to see your Dad this year. My young daughters don't do so well after about 7:00. But, I'm sure I saw him last year, and years previous to that. My grandfather played mandolin and guitar. In fact, I was lucky enough to have had them handed down to me.

Ciao,
Anthony Crimaldi

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

That's interesting, AC. I happened to notice from your Twitter mention that you were down at the Feast sometime during the weekend, so was sorry to have missed you. But of course it's such a mob scene that it's easy to miss anyone. Next year we'll be sure to meet and raise a glass together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home